News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Another Video Problem

Started by astrozombee, May 27, 2007, 07:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrozombee

So my X1000 video went dim, where i could barely see the screen. I bought a new inverter board and no help, so i assumed my bulb must be bad. i finally got another working x1000 to run some experiments on. I put a known working lcd and inverter and found to have the same problem, so i changed my assumption to the video card, i pulled the good card and tried it in the troubled laptop same problem. I retried all my suspected problems in the working x1000 and they all function as they should. Anyone have any ideas what on the motherboard would cause this?

Aaron

anonbeat

Ive had this similar problem and at the end it was the LCD cable. It did not firm contact the video board. Try to replace or firmly press on its connector while power on the laptop and check if that makes difference.

Greets
anonbeat