News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

No Boot. Video card suspect. Tried all the fixes I could find.

Started by MacGyver, April 15, 2007, 01:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I just got a dead laptop from my aunt and it has all the signs of the video cards issue.  The HDD led, the CD-ROM constantly trying to read and the wireless light with no response.  I have tried the 67y as well as putting electrical tape on top of the GPU and the washers on the side of the heat shield to no avail.  The screen doesn't blink, light up, or even flicker at all.  I'm hoping I can just buy a new video card and solve this issue.  My question is, is it likely my screen has also gone out or is the video card just completely gone?  I am pretty tech savvy and have fixed other laptops with similar issues. I would just rather not spend 70$ to find out it was the screen or motherboard or even the HD LCD cable. Anyone have luck with just the cable? Would anyone be willing to try unpluging the cable to see it does the same thing? Thanks guys!

sputniknyc