News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Let's get this party started!

Started by kf_man, July 04, 2005, 05:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kf_man

I see that a few people have joined the forum and this is very encouraging.  I would like to start building up some more info ASAP.  If you have anything that you would like to add, no matter how simple it is, please write it up in the appropriate section.  The only sources of info we have right now are the users and the scattered posts about the internet.  Don't be afraid to spread the word and get things written up.

I would like to add right now that there may be some spurradic server outages since this is being hosted at my house right now.  If it takes off, I may migrate it to a better, more stable server.

Please, feel free to add any comments that you have, I am here for the users.

Thanks for your interest!

flir67

it looks as the the compaq v4000 is almost the same as the x1000. as compaq has brought back the 15.4 u should add these to the titles for all compaq hps. then your site would really take out.  but good job so far, looks just like the old one but newer

:D

kf_man

I will look into it, but it seems like there are other forums to cover those models.  I'm not looking to shy from the previous format too much, but I will definately take it into consideration.  Right now the forum only covers one specific model of laptop and that's what makes it so in-depth.  If we were to add more, it would shroud the purpose for having a specific forum for a laptop.  I would like to hear other opinions though as I am still in the consideration phase.  Thanks for the suggestion!

x47

Thanks KF
any idea what happened to the previous x1000 forum I used to enjoy? Couldn't find it any longer

kf_man

Quick version...

The forum got hacked a few times and the previous owner got it back onto its feet just barely.  Finally after it got hacked again, he just gave up and let the domain expire.  I guess it's gone forever at this point.

Thanks for joining though.