News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Stickey request

Started by thedrake, June 28, 2006, 07:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedrake

Nice job getting this stuff going again....hopefully we will all breath some life back into this group.

I was wondering if it might not be a good idea to post all the gory details of the specifications of these notebooks.

For example, the horizontal sync rates, mobo info, graphics, etc....  So that when we have questions about certain pieces of hardware, we can just go to the sticky post.

I know that during my Debian linux install it asked all sorts of details on the LCD panel, that I didn't know - including the horizontal sync, etc...

Just a thought.

(I searched through but didn't see one, so if there is already one, ignore me and delete this :)  )
Notebook: X1000 w/DVD-ROM, 640MB RAM, 40GB HD, 64MB 9200
Desktop: Asus A8N32-SLI, X2-4400, 2GB Corsair PC3200c2pt, eVGA 7900GT CO, 2-WD 250GB 16MBcache 3.0GB, LiteOn DVD-RW w/L.S., 2-Asus DVD-ROM, CoolerMaster STC-T01 Stacker w/crossflow

kf_man

That is a good idea, but I'm not sure of the rates.  I think you can get that info from a Knoppix livecd, but I can't remember right now.  Anyway, if you have any information to get the post going, I'll be sure to sticky it.