News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Help in finding bluetooth module

Started by bmac, May 18, 2006, 06:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac

Hi All,

First off, thanks for posting your information here and keeping this site running.  Even with low traffic is is very nice to have this information online.  Please keep up the good work.  Now for my question.  I would like to add bluetooth to my X1000, however it's hard to find the parts, at least for a good price.  Are there any leads on getting the module and cable for under $50.00??  Seeing that one can buy a good dongle for about $30.00 I just don't see the internal part being worth more then that.

Thanks for you input.

-BMAC

kf_man

I'm honestly not sure.  Someone a long time ago found a supplier that was selling them for $75 for this laptop.  I don't know if there are any options like that anymore, but if there are, you will need to look hard.  Hopefully one of the people on the forum will have more information.

EDIT:  A quick google search found a listing for the part you need on eBay

This should fit your needs perfectly for less than $50.

bmac

Thanks, I had just found that one a few minutes ago myself.  How have you used our bluetooth connection?  I'm thinking of using it for the following;

Activsync my smartphone
File transfers to the phone
Wireless mouse

Any other things you or others do with BT?

-BMAC

PS: Also found parts,parts and more parts here --> http://www.pchub.com/uph/brand/-10/HP-part-spare.html

kf_man

So far, I've used it for:

* Phone Sync using Motorola Mobile Phone Toools on my Verizon Motorola E815
* Phone file copying using OBEX on my Verizon Motorola E815
* ActiveSync with my Dell Axim X50v
* Targus Bluetooth Travel Mouse

If I have used it any other way, I'm not remembering right now, but it's worked great for me.  I would recommend that you use the Bluetooth by HP software which is just a rebranded Widcomm stack.  The intregrated Windows bluetooth software was far too flakey for me.

kf_man

Make sure the module you buy is for this laptop, please see this post for more information:

HOWTO: Install X1000 Bluetooth (by Illeagle)