News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

dead hard drive, need pcb controller

Started by cifroes, October 04, 2006, 01:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cifroes

Hi,

The hard drive in my x1010ea just died.

It's an Hitachi 40Gb and now I need the PCB controller to replace it to try to save my data.

I already bought a new Hitachi  40Gb with the same model number with no luck, so I guess I need an exactly 100% equal hard drive controller for it to work...

Any idea how can I get this controller? Someone wants to sell their hard drive?

kf_man

This is very hit or miss, the firmware version and revision of the board must be identical.  I would gladly look at my drive, but since I still have one year of warranty left there is no way I could part with the drive.  Maybe someone else around here has one?  Have you tried looking on eBay, maybe the seller would be nice enough to compare the revision data with you?  Good luck and I hope you get your data back, but like I tell customers at work, you need to back up your data religiously.

excogitation

Since you're already spending money on it, why don't you get a free quote from several of those data rescue companies first?

I hope you at least got the now drive to work again after disassembling it.

Good luck.