News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

NO BOOT

Started by boxingfan, August 28, 2005, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxingfan

Hey everyone.  Well I'm working on a client's X1000. The problem is that it won't boot about 90% of the time. When you push the power button, It "turns  on" but theres no display, and no beeps. The lights come on, but thats it.  Occaisonally, it will boot properly, and loads up XP like normal.  I've cancelled out the LCD being the problem by connecting an external monitor, but to no avail. I've also tested the Memory and that seems to be OK too.  Has anybody had this problem or know about it? I just want to know what is wrong or maybe get a better idea of what kind of problem I'm facing. Any help would be great, Thanks!

kf_man

It could be the graphics card.  I know that others have had the graphics card get too warm and warp.  Supposedly if you push on 6-7-Y keys, it will hlep to reseat it and it will work again.  This usually requires a replacement video card or the fix that another use at the other forum offered.  Basically if you can find something non-conductive to force the video card to stay connected, that could fix it.  I would give that a try and report back.  If it's under warranty, call HP!  If not, I would try one of these home solutions.

vm[pt]

uffff....!!!
I thought my x1010ea was dead!!
The 6-7-Y solution worked for me, ate least for now!
Thank you very much!

Best regards from portugal!

cheers
Compaq x1010ea
1.5Ghz
2x 512 ddr266 Corsair
Hitachi 7k6 - 60gb 7200rpm

slimhall

Thanks for the advice here too! It worked great!

TallGuy2007

Moderator Edit:  Please don't multiple post!

http://x1000.kylefarnung.com/index.php/topic,143.msg622.html#msg622