News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Bluetooth Software Issues

Started by kf_man, July 12, 2005, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kf_man

At one point there was a driver for bluetooth (Version 3.00C) that included a firmware update that could possibly render your bluetooth card unusable.  There was a huge post about it on the old forum and even though it did not occur with all users (including me), the threat was real.  Since then, HP has been much more cautious about their releases and the current release (Bluetooth by HP Version 3.00B) is very safe to use.  They have removed the firmware update entirely and just implemented the features in software.  

I would not be afraid to install this driver and I would recommend it as I have found the integrated Windows driver to be very lackluster at best.  Most times I could only pair with it once and then I would need to restart the computer.  Since switching, bluetooth has worked flawlessly.