News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Windows 7 on nx7010 (x1000)

Started by bili_39, April 11, 2009, 11:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bili_39

About question 1) Just follow the steps from Mr. Cin - update manually.
You could also try with HP drivers for nc4000 and install drivers for Radeon mobility 9000 - it is the same card as ours.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=395732&prodNameId=395734&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=PSG_I23133-108006
This is the link for SP31674.

hydroponik

It seems I can only manually install the 30204 driver set on my X1000 which does not allow the pc to sleep or hibernate. 

If I do not install the 30204 set first, and I try to update to either the asus or the hp drivers, it just says the Standard VGA adapter is up to date.

If I install the 30204 set, then try to manually update to one of the newer drivers, it says the 9200 mobility is up to date.

Not sure what else I can do at this point to get sleep/hibernate working properly.

bili_39

So, it is still unclear.

When you select update driver, then manually...

- Select bottom choice (browse my computer..)
- Untick "show only compatible hardware".
- Now you can select Mobility Radeon 9000. It's the same card as 9200.

hydroponik

Currently I have the 30204 (compaq) driver set installed.

When trying to manually upgrade to the driver set you posted from the HP site, it says "Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date".

If I uninstall the 30204 (compaq) driver set, windows reverts to the Standard VGA Adapter.  If I then try to install your drivers from the HP site, it doesn't detect and just says the VGA adapter is up to date.

I really want to get this working in W7, but if I can't sleep or hibernate, it becomes pretty useless.  Is there anyway I can get either the HP or Asus drivers installed?

For reference, I have the X1000, which may be slightly different from the nx7000.

GotNoRice

Has anyone been able to get games to work under Windows 7?

There are a number of games that I am still able to play on my X1000 and I do so occasionally when I'm away from home.  World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike: Source, and even Battlefield 2 all work using minimum settings and other older games like Counter-Strike 1.6, Battlefield 1942, Total Annihilation, Day of Defeat, etc run great.

But they only work in XP.  I am able to install Windows 7 and force the older XP drivers to install (tried ancient drivers from HP site as well as 5.6 omegas) and while windows works, no games work at all.