News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Who wants X1000 parts for free?

Started by timber_100, August 20, 2009, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timber_100

If anybody wants X1000 parts for free, let me know.  You will have to first send me $ for postage but I will give you the parts for free.  I was going to post on Ebay but the price I'd get is likely so low I'd rather give someone the parts - someone who loves and appreciates their x1000 as much as I did.

I took apart the system to try to fix the motherboard power connector problem that has been noted on this forum, but could not get it fixed (connector now smolders, so motherboard is not safe to use "as is").  However, I have the display (works great), keyboard, dvd re-writable drive (occasionally pops open on its own, but works), cpu is swapped from another compaq (it is a celeron M 1.3 ghz), ATI mobility radeon 9200 graphics.  It all works well except as noted with the motherboard and dvd drive. Case is in fair to good condition.

If you are interested, send me a private message.  If I have no takers by in the next few weeks, I will dispose of the machine.

timber_100

FYI - the computer has already been claimed and is no longer available.