News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

X1010 Just Won't Boot

Started by ezgoldin, May 13, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezgoldin

My Presario X1010 had been working beautifully for 2 years since swapping out my video card for a brand new one.  A couple of weeks ago, she wouldn't boot.  Just got clicking from the optical drive.  Googling the problem led me to the quick fix of removing the battery and starting the computer powered only by the AC adapter, which worked a few times, but isn't working now.  Swapped out the MB with an ebay replacement, but STILL the same CD drive clicking and no POST.  No error messages, no screen activity seen at all.  Hard drive spinning, blue wifi and green power lights on.  Swapped out my stock 1.3 CPU with a 1.7 spare.  Same symptoms.  Any ideas?  What am I missing?  Thanks.

ft`

what bum timing for us :)
my 6yr? old x1000 finally bit the dust

it had been relegated to firefox duty only for the past 4 years?
surprisingly still got 3h battery life, and the fan never came on.. man it was a silent machine

similar problem, no boot, no screen, ide cdrom/hdd clicking
gonna check the 9?00 <- haha connector first :D