News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

F.34 BIOS installation file

Started by Cooper, January 09, 2009, 01:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

I just bought my wife a new laptop so I've inherited her X1010US.  Thanks to this website, I've learned that everything that ails it can be easily fixed.  I've already ordered a new power jack and once that's installed and working I'll move on to upgrading the processor, RAM, etc.  So thanks to everyone for all the information here.

I've seen comments that the F.34 BIOS was fine but the newer F.55 BIOS prevents other 802.11b/g cards from being installed.  Naturally, HP only has the F.55 BIOS available for download from HP.  My machine has the F.02 BIOS installed, so I thought upgrading it might resolve some of the issues we've been having with it.  However I can't find this file available anywhere.  Does anyone have the file they can send me or post? 

Thanks!

kf_man

kf_man

Sorry for the scattered thoughts, but I do recall that there are issues solved by later versions (but probably not enough if you want a third-party wi-fi card).  What card does it have in it now, the Intel 2100 B-wireless?

-Kyle