News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

USB2?

Started by ihrytsak, September 07, 2008, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihrytsak

Hi:

Can anyone confirm that the X1000 with intel 82801DB/DBM USB controllers will run as a USB 2 controller?

The specs for this machine indicate it is USB2 capable but whenever I plug in a USB 2 device I get a pop up saying that "This device can perform faster if you connect it to a USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports click here.  When I do that it says that there are no USB 2 ports available.

I have installed the latest USB drivers for each of the 3 controllers which are version 5.1.2600.5512 dated 7/1/2001. Am I missing something?

ihrytsak

I've solved this. It's explained in this article by Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/usb/usbfaq_intro.mspx

I just replaced my hard drive and it appears that in the reinstallation of Windows the "enhanced" USB controller did not get re-installed or re-enabled. I found the enhanced controller listed under "Other"  in Device manager and once I updated the driver for it, all USB ports became USB2.