News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

LCD Backlight Problem

Started by gutchak, August 08, 2008, 09:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutchak

Good day...

I hope someone out there gets to read this.

My problem with my x1000 is the backlight lcd. It just turns off by itself. Tapping on the rubber switch turns it back on again. Sometimes the backlight stays on through and through my usage, sometimes it stays on for only a few seconds. Its getting more and more frequent, and i'd like to know if anyone knows how to fix this problem before it gets any worse.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kf_man

My best guess is that the backlight itself is dying, it probably needs a bulb replacement.  That said, I've never replaced the bulb so I'm not sure where to acquire one.  Other possible culprits would be the inverter or a loose connection.

gutchak

Well, i managed to ask a tech to reheat the unit's fl inverter. It has greatly improved the problem. I'm actually using this unit as of writing... I guess its safe to say that it was the inverter causing the backlight to go off and on or whatever. Its not working perfectly... at times it does go off, but tapping on the switch actually resolves the off to turning on.

I've ordered for a replacement inverter already. Hopefully, it'll fully resolve this situation.