News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Blue screen after resuming from Standby/Hibernation

Started by srikanthnxt, April 20, 2008, 07:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srikanthnxt

Hi,

I have a zt3000 series notebook that has an issue with power management feature. The notebook successfully goes to Standby or Hibernate but while resuming, it encounters a blue screen error and restarts from BIOS screen. I don't how to find what driver is causing this error as the blue-screen error goes out within a fraction of second. I have updated to latest BIOS from HP website (F.55) and also updated the video driver. I tried latest driver from ATI as well. I remember this issue exist even when I received the notebook without display driver installed (generic XP drivers) from my friend. Any idea if flashing the BIOS with a previous version might work or if the issue is related to ATI driver. Mine is a Mobility Radeon 9200 (M9) video card. Its a great inconvenience without having this power management features.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

kf_man

You could disable the "Automatically restart" option under "System Preferences."

You can just right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties."  Then go to the "Advanced" tab and click the third "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" section.  Just uncheck the "Automatically restart" option there and keep clicking "OK" until all of the windows are gone.