News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

can I play Call of Duty 4?

Started by shiro86, January 14, 2008, 02:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiro86

Hi.. Maybe it is a silly question, but I just want to be sure, can i play COD4 on my Presario X1418. My VGA is Radeon 9200 64 Mb, with Omega Driver 2.6.42.

Last time, i borrowed the COD4 from my friend and I try it on my Presario and it says "Alpha Blend not supported, Glow will be disabled", and it blocked me from going into the game.

Can Anyone give me the idea. Any answer will be appreciated.. Thx =)

bwbuy

I haven't tried it on my Presario X1020 or X150, but I did see this for the COD4's System Requirements:

Required (minimum) Specs
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 8GB of free space
Video card: NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800 Pro or better
[/b]

Seems like it would need more then a 9200.

I think I have a freebie COD somewhere.  I'll try to find it and see if it runs on my noteboo which has a 64MB 9200 in it.

Cheers,

-BWBuy

NeoMatrixJR

No, no you cannot.  I'm not sure what the X1418's processor is, but I don't think it's 2.4GHz.  On a side note...how are the Omega Drivers working for you.  I used to have a good ATI driver that could run Steam/Half-life games...but ATI stopped supporting the old mobile GPU's and the HP driver is TOO old.  I tried installing the Omega once but I think I botched it.....

kf_man

I still use the catalyst 5.6 driver with the Driver Modder with my old X1000, it seems to be that last driver that even works.

EDIT:  Oh right, and to answer the original question, I highly doubt that CoD4 would even be playable.