News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

NX7000 video bios flash

Started by ganyaik, October 21, 2007, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganyaik

Hi,
I have a very complex -at least for me- situation and I need advice. I have a half NX7000(no LCD) and got a videocard(9200/32M) with it. When starting up the machine, it displays on the external screen something like "M7 CL LOPEZ". After that screen gets garbled, !but! machine starts  to boot  linux from a boot CD.
I suppose it must do something with the video BIOS being flashed as ATI7500(aka M7). I would like to flash a proper 7500 BIOS in the machine, but unfortunately I cannot boot windows and I couldn't find a DOS utility to flash video BIOS blindly.
Do you have any idea how can I solve the problem without buying a used 7500 based card?
Thanks,
Chris

kf_man

As far as I am aware, the Video BIOS is loaded on the video card itself and not in the normal BIOS.  If you have a 9200 currently, I don't see any possible way that it is flashed with the wrong BIOS, the flash program wouldn't even complete that.  As far as what the actual problem is, I am at a loss.