News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

black screen HP ZT300 - HELP!!

Started by KamaL, October 07, 2007, 03:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamaL

Hi all...

I have an HP Pavillion ZT3000 series which i'm really satisfied with it, i've been using it for almost 3 years without any problem.

lately, whenever i open the lcd screen, a red/pink tint hows for a couple of seconds, and then everything goes back to normal..

It really didn't annoy me that much, but yesterday the problem become worse - now whenever i turn on the LCD, a strange crescendo hiss is heard, and after 30-40 seconds, the LCD simply turns off.. Well, actually i can still see something with high contrast, but it seems as if the lamp is turned off.
If i close the lid and open it again, another cycle of hissing and then turning off begins.

from some searches on google i understand it is mos probably an inverter problem. am i right?? could it be only th lamp??

The strange thing is the hissing sound, mabe it can give someone a clue for finding the culprit of all this.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.