News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Did anybody ever get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Stalker) to work?

Started by excogitation, March 27, 2007, 03:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

excogitation

I tried changing the graphicsdrivers, different DX versions, disabling most features, but I can't get it to work.

Whenever the game starts I get a grey screen an the cursor.
When pressing return twice the game loads and everything works fine until you go up the stairs suddenly the screen gets yellowish,
but when you turn around and go upstairs backwards everything is fine,

same outside... you can look in some directions and everything is fine, the next moment the screen is yellow or grey or whatever...
unplayable. Any hints?

The thing is - it's not graphic card related (I guess) - because when you change renderer to software (in console) everything looks
like you'd expect it from software rendering, but the same graphics bugs occur.

kf_man

I'm assuming you tried Modified Catalyst 5.6 drivers and/or their respective Omega equivalent?  More than likely this just won't be possible since ATI dropped support for the zt3000 Radeon 9000.  Most likely any chip that ran drivers that old would have problems in the game.

Lomnica_city

Yup,Omega drivers solved the problems I had with COD and expansion pack for COD and COD2,while the official Compaq/HP driver was making problems!
Pozdrav
Zoki