News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Video Card Upgrade...

Started by slimhall, March 17, 2007, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimhall

I am having that typical problem with the screen going haywire and having to restart pushing down on the 67y to get it to work again. I want  to replace the video card, but am not sure if there is an upgrade or if I have to order the same one that I have in it already (9200 mobility Radeon with either 32 or 64 MB of memory). My system is the X1050US build of the Presario X1000. Any ideas for updates? Also, any idea for where to purchase? Thanks for the help!

Slim

slimhall

also, anyone know where i can get a new Mobility Radeon 9200?

bwbuy

I just bought a 64MB replacement video card for my X1050,  It was on  eBay for $104.50 with shipping.

I'm upgrading from 32MB to 64MB, even though my old card is fine.  I'm upgrading the CPU (to 1.8 Dothan), video, wi-fi (to B/G)  and adding Bluetooth.

Everything was on eBay.

The vendor has several more.  Search for "ZT3000 X1000 ATI 9200 64MB VIDEO CARD"   

There are also 32MB cards for about 1/2 that price.

bwbuy

Well, I finished most of the upgrades today to my X1050.  Installed an Intel 2200BG, a 64MB video card, and bluetooth.  I also swapped my RAM to put the 512MB on the inside and the 256 MB external.  That will make it easier to add more memory.

The pics and instructions here made it fairly easy and the machine is running fine. 

I'll be eternally grateful to this forum and the people who contributed and have kept it alive.

I have a Dothan 1.8 coming in the mail and that will be the last upgrade. 

In WoW, I'm getting about 40 - 50 FPS with video and detail at medium to high settings. Before I only got about 25 FPS with low video and detail setting. I guess going from 32MB to 64MB of video memory made most of that improvement.

WoW is the only game I play, so this is still a pretty good system for me.

I wish more people were online here, but I understand that it's now a "legacy" laptop.  However, it  sure is one heck of a machine.