News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

New battery charger/adapter

Started by cclemon, March 06, 2007, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclemon

The power adapter for my ZT3017ea lappy has worn-out cables, and it makes hi frequent "singing" noises while charging the battery. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendation. Is the 3rd party universal adapters as good as the original ones from HP, if not, is it worth the price buying an original adapter?

bwbuy

I've been using an iGo Juice adapter with my X1050 for several years.  I got the model with the carry bag, about 10 tips, and airplane adapter.  I use it for charging my Samsung cellphone and iPod too with the additional tips.  I recommend it.

BWBuy

toy4two

its not the cables.  There was a fix on the original site.  Go into the Device Manager and togle the option under USB Root Hubs to save power.  Also try running in different power schemes, one of those fixed mine years ago to never return.