News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

The Future of the Forum

Started by kf_man, February 06, 2007, 08:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kf_man

Don't be too alarmed by this, but I have recently moved on to a new laptop.  I am now the proud owner of a ThinkPad T60 with a C2D that blows my previous zt3000 out of the water.

Anyway, as for the future, I don't see this site going anywhere.  My current hosting plan is for two years (as of last October) and there is no real burden hosting the site until possibly the plan expires.  That said, traffic on the site is not very great anyway so I don't plan to put too many resources into it.  I will still check almost daily to see if there is anything I can answer, but at this point the site is more of an archive.  I do get the occasional new account registration, but that's about it.

I don't expect the traffic here to pick up as the laptop has become all but extinct these days.  Thanks to those who have contributed and please try to stop back if you can.  To those who have moved on to newer and faster machines, good luck with your endeavor and hopefully you will find another forum as great as the X1000 Forums once were.

Links to other forums sites