News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Great Centrino Utilities

Started by kf_man, July 04, 2005, 09:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kf_man

Here are the two best Centrino utilities that I have found in order of preference:

1.  Centrino Hardware Control - Full featured program that has a little bit of a foot print.  Monitors all sorts of temperatures and voltages as well as just changing speed preferences.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2.  Speedswitch XP - Lightweight program that just does basic power settings and speed monitoring.  The speeds are not always accurate in my experience.  I used this for a long time and switched to Centrino Hardware Control because of all the other useful things it could do.

Just wanted to put these very useful and critical tools out there for all to see.

ft

i just dumped speedswitch today and came to post.. and you beat me :)

kf_man

I assume you went to Centrino Hardware Control, how do you like it so far?  I really liked Speedswitch and still do, but CHC is just so much more feature filled.  It tells me all of the information I want to know and the taskbar icons are much more customizable.

nmope

thanks for the headsup about centrino hardware control, great little program that is FREE :)

igama