News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Few Questions

Started by jurgestonian, September 06, 2006, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jurgestonian

I am very happy with my upgraded zt3280us. I am up to 1gb ram and 100b hdd at 5400rpm. I was pondering a few questions while changing out my keyboard, original had a left arrow key that finally broke off, and these keys are better left to micro-surgery if one is to work on them. I managed to disconnect my optical drive, and I wondered if anyone has seen a newer drive, such as one of those shiny lightscribe lappy drives, be implanted into an older notebook. I use lightscribe alot at school, my teacher distributes at lot of notes and lessons on cd, and has me do the lightsribing for them.

My second question is a lighter one. I was browsing the HP Website and stumbled across this remote control:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=accessories&landing=notebook&category=notebook_hp&subcat1=audio_video&orderflow=1&product_code=PT746AA%23ABA&catLevel=1

Part: PT746AA#ABA

I was wondering if this is compatible with the ir port on the sides of the zt3200 series of notebooks. I do a lot of presentations for said teacher and to be able to use a remote from a far would be a good help.

Thanks in Advance for any Help given.
Jurgestonian

kf_man

With all optical drives, the main thing is the bezel on the drive.  You can use basically any (including LightScribe) optical drive and it will work properly.  The only real issue is how it will look on the outside of the computer.

As far as the remote is concerned, I'm 99% sure that it will not work as the IR port on our machine is for communication with other devices, not for control.  There are other remote solutions that use USB receivers so I would look around a bit more.