News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Slowdown issues...

Started by KamaL, August 15, 2006, 06:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamaL

Hi everybody..

It's great to have another place dealng with our beloved laptops after the crash on the other forum... I hope this forum will become popular with lots of activity :)

It's been a coupe of months now that I'm having a problem of slowdowns during regular usage of my ZT3000...

I have it since 1.5 years, 60 GB 4200 RPM HITACHI, 768 MB RAM.... I formatted it only two times ever since, I take really good care of it, so i don't need to format it too often.. But even if I format it, after a couple of weeks, WindowsXP sometimes gets quite slow, and more secifically, when I close windows, maximinze or minimize them, it's like if it is going on slow-motion. I sometimes figure out that a program I'm using is doing it, but this happens quite often, and I'm wondering if there's a way to understand why this is happening . Again, formatting is only a temporary solution. I clean all temp folders regularly, I also use Diskeeper ver.10 to regularly defragment my windows partition, etc...

Any idea?

kf_man

Do you run regular spyware and virus scans?  I run Windows Defender in the background all the time and SpyBot, AdAware, and Spyware Blaster on a regular basis.  I never scan for viruses, but I have a virus scanner that runs in the tray.  It would first start looking at infections, then investigate what programs run on startup.  Also, it could possibly be a graphics issue, what driver are you running?