News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Driver List

Started by kf_man, July 04, 2005, 09:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kf_man

I just figured I would compile the list of drivers that I use.  Those not listed are installed automatically by Windows and updated through Windows Update.

Graphics:

Bluetooth:

Chipset:

Wireless:

Touchpad:

SD Card Reader:

Manual:

Note that these are the drivers that I personally use.  If you have any other suggestions, feel free to reply to this post.

EDIT:  Updated link to old version of ATI Catalyst drivers
EDIT 12/5/2006: Added reference to Omega Catalyst drivers and cleaned up the format a little bit.

x47

thanks kf,
what is the popular graphic driver for x1000 (radeon9200/9000) now? When i did doom3, i found something good for me(DNA3.41?). But after some day i reinstalled the whole system, nothing familiar. Now i have to run it at 1280X960. pls help me out.

kf_man

The only thing I use is the Modded Catalyst 5.6 and it works well for what I need.

x47

I tried some of the Catalyst before, forgot which version.
what is Modded and where to get it. I saw your thread in driverheaven.net. Any link there?
thanks

kf_man

You just download the normal Catalyst drivers (I provided a link to the correct version in the first post) and then get the mod tool from driver heaven.  Just follow their instructions and you should be fine.

x47

Lomnica_city

You might wanna try rad_w2kxp_omega_2642,this is the last Omega version of drivers (made from Catalist 5.6) that work with my X1005EA,cause with the Catalist driver I have problems with COD2 and this ones work perfectly!!
Pozdrav

kf_man

I'll add the Omega drivers as another option when I get the chance, thanks for the suggestion!

hydroponik

Do you have a full list of drivers that need to be installed after reinstalling windows clean?  The drivers page on the hp site says it doesn't support the current language or something like that.

Looks like missing sounds, infrared, lan and modem?

BTW, thanks for bringing these forums back.   

kf_man

Wow, late reply, but these are all the drivers I use after a clean install.  If you just install windows and connect to ethernet with a cable, run Windows update to get quite a few of the drivers.  The rest of the drivers I use are listed above.

ale3is

I installed your proposed drivers for the video card but i have a problem,i cant(they actually worked for the first 2 restarts,after that,they stopped working:S) set the resolution to 1440x900 for my external tft monitor.Do you know any drivers that work with this resolution?I've downloaded much of drivers but nothing works...