News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

My Zt3000 is dead?!

Started by Mybookisdead, July 23, 2006, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mybookisdead

Hi guys,

I need your help!
    My Zt3000 suddenly refused to boot up. When I turn on the power, the screen is always black, no beep, and the optical drive is keeping roating( I mean it always try to read the disk. And I can not eject the CD-rom. Even after I force out the cd rom, the optical drive is still rotating!!!
Some times it can boot up, if I pull out the supplementary memory,but after I changed the BIOS parameters, it will not boot up again!
I doubt that something is wrong  with the cmos, so I am trying to replace the CMOS battery, but I can not find it inside the notebook.
Could you tell me the position of the CMOS battery, and give me some suggestions about other possible reasons?

Thanks

Mybookisdead

Ok, I get know that my zt3000 died in a traditional way, the radeon 9200 32M overheat issue.
But now, I have another problem. When I tried to remove the keyboard, I  broke the swith cover for the conduction ribbon

So, the zt3000 can coduct most of self-test, but it hold after cmos check, reuqiring me to choose "F1: save changs; F2: Ignore Changes: F10 Computer Setup"

Withou keyboard, I can do nothing. And at this step, even the external USB keyboard doesn't work!!!

What shall I do?

Thanks

kf_man

There is probably not much that can be done about the keyboard.  I know that that connector is part of the motherboard and as such is not easily replaceable.  As far as the video card, what did you do to even get the computer running, did you replace it?  At this point, I'm not really sure what your options are besides just ditching the computer.  A new motherboard can be had for about 300, but that's probably not worth it.

Mybookisdead

Some guys in other forum suggest me to get ZIF Connector(Zero Insertion Force) or IF-Low (Insertion Force), can they work?

kf_man

I'm not sure honestly.  I haven't heard about ZIF except with CPUs, but even so, you would probably need to solder the new connection to the board.  With the way they make modern motherboards, I doubt you will be able to desolder one connector and resolder another connector without permanently damaging the board in the process.  Maybe there is something here I don't see, but this seems like the only way to fix that.