News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Weak video on HP port replicator

Started by rssarma, November 05, 2007, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rssarma

Hi,

I use my Presario X1000 primarily with my port replicator, however when connecting an external monitor to the VGA port on the replicator, I noticed that there are some wavy patterns on solid color backgrounds, probably indicating a weak signal. Thinking there maybe something wrong with the replicator itself, I purchased 2 new ones on eBay,  both of which exhibit the same problem. I just wanted to find out of anone else has had the same issue.

I'm currently using a 19" Acer LCD and I have the MR9200 with 32MB of VRAM.

kf_man

I haven't used my port replicator on that machine in a while, but I do recall a slight weakness of the signal, especially with my 20" 1600x1200 monitor.  I don't remember it being that bad though, so it might be a problem with the computer itself.  The port replicator I had was a used one for $30 off eBay, so nothing special.

rssarma

I have the same thing, in fact I bought 3 of them off eBay including an advanced replicator, and it seems this is not really an issue with the replicator, it seems that the video signals being passed through to the replicator itself are becoming weak somewhere....video is crisp and clear when connected directly to the VGA port on the laptop, but the VGA port on the replicator always has a slight haze and flicker.