News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Right speaker not working!

Started by acidrain, August 17, 2007, 01:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acidrain

Hi,
Nice to see the forum back for my good ol' x1030US! I have been through most of the troubles that was possible with the machine since I bought about 3.5 yrs back....even changed the video card about a yr back. But now all of a sudden new problem...

right speaker is dead  ! what could be the cause? how do I check for whats causing it? any help is much appreciated.
TIA

bwbuy

You might want to check the headphone jack on the front of the computer.  If you have stereo in the headphone then at least that's working and external powered speakers become an option for listening to music. 

Another possibility is that the headphone jack is the problem.  Maybe it has disconnected the internal speakers and it's not reconnecting the speakers after you pull out the headphone's plug. 

I'd suggest spraying a little electronics lubricant into the jack to see if that helps.  Radio Shack should have this type of spray lube.

Cheers,

-BWBuy