News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

Battery

Started by toy4two, April 01, 2007, 02:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toy4two

Think this would work for X1000's? http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

My battery has gone from 3 hours to about 1 hour after all these years.  Not really a complaint I thought I would have to replace it before 3 years of use, actually fantastic life.  But now I am thinking about buying a new battery, does anyone have any recommendations, anything better than OEM out there.  Or even a cheap replacement that still gets 3 hours on a charge, like for under $50.

How about the battery calibration in the BIOS, would that help at all?  Some people say do not run it as it will reduce your battery capacity, and others say the opposite, anyone know for certain?

kf_man

I want to say that those utilities didn't work at all on my zt3000, but it can't hurt to try.  I did run that calibration utility in the BIOS a few times and I wouldn't say that it hurt the battery at all, but it's hard to say if it really helped anything.  Most of the recalibration assumes that the system and the battery disagree on it's current level.  I would give that a shot and see what comes of it and then start looking for genuine replacement batteries.  With all of the battery fires lately, I wouldn't mess around with cheap replacement batteries, they typically have much simpler protection circuitry than OEM ones.