News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

LCD profile for NX7000

Started by chichibabin, December 13, 2006, 03:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chichibabin

Hi All,
I would really like to try and calibrate the 1680x1050 LCD on my nx7000. To this you need to use a hardware calibrater such as Huey or Spyder. Has anyone done this for their laptop and if so would they be kind enough to post/email the icc profile file that would have been generated?
Cheers,
Sat

deluxe

There was more than one maker of the 1680x1050 LCD, so there is more than one profile... But it's a moot point since nobody replied!

kf_man

Also, the problem with most of the calibration software programs is the license.  Most of the specifically prohibit the sharing of profiles created with that software.  So even if you could match the LCD, it would most likely be illegal to share the profiles anyway.  In order to maintain compliance I would be forced to delete any posted files where the license prohibits sharing.

In any event, if you wanted to try and calibrate it yourself it would probably be too expensive to warrant the results.  I know for other people, calibrations are important, but I personally have not found a need to have my display calibrated to that extent.