News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

crc error

Started by Hentoo, November 27, 2006, 03:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hentoo

Hello

I have a file/files that have crc error. How do I get rid of those or the folder they are in?
Can't delete, and computer slows down every time those files are used by any program, or if open the folder they are in.

Have been trying to find solution but with bad luck so far. Most "help-topics" I have found so far are about cd's or dvd's with crc problems.

Win xp in nx 7010
I think that this probably is not nx 7010 problem, but thought to try this forum.

Bye

kf_man

It could be a hard drive problem that is causing the CRC errors.  If this is the case, then you should make sure to backup all of your important files and run a Scandisk for the hard drive.

Hentoo

Yes :)

I the great computer wizard, probably tried everything else but not this scan (check) disk.

Now those files are gone.

And yes, it was hard drive problem, but mainly caused by me, I was uploading photos from memorycard in a hurry, and I believed that there was enough space, but there wasn't, so when ps elements was loading those photos to the database, the space run out, and after that those crc files appeared to one elements folder.

kf_man

Is everything working then now?  It's too bad you lost those files, but hopefully nothing more.  Did you have backups of those files somewhere?

Hentoo

Seems that everything works now, atleast windows can't anymore find those "crc-files".

And, no,
I didn't lose anything important, files that had crc error were just some ps elements files, not photos, luckily :)

kf_man

That's always good, hard drive corruption is no laughing matter!  I'm glad things are going well and thanks for stopping in.