News:

Registration disabled.  This forum is in maintenance mode (and has been for a few years now), so I've disabled registration.  If you already have an account, great, keep using it.  If not, unfortunately I won't be accepting any new registrations.  At some point in the near future this forum will be shutting down forever.

Main Menu

i think same old Graphiic card problem

Started by whatwhat1055, September 01, 2006, 08:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatwhat1055

well i have this laptop just sitting around collecting dust for like a year now, so anywho i remember i rread somewhere if you push 67 and y it will be a temprorary fix and so i did and it booted perfectly and was fine for about 5 hours then i shook it a little and flah flash freeeze :( ................

well i took it all apart wasnt at all tricky and i can see the card.

now i dont think i need a new once since its just popping out right ?

i mean i  would just like another laptop to surf and program on, i got a newer one but yea would be nice for this to work also, its like what 3 years old but its very speedy for internet stuff, things of that nature.

well i remember a guy one time using electric tape making a wedge out of it and he told me it worked for him and is still working and its been like that ofr a year, should i do something like that, then just underclock it ?

well if anyone knows anything let me know.......

btw. i did buy a plastic wedge a while back........lost it though :P a buddy sent it to me as a gift as he bought one ofr his laptop too and at that time it worked fine, pitty me

welll let me know guys, if you knwo anything.

Burton_rider

Just buy a new graphics card - they sell on on ebay for around 70$ - then the issue will be solved once and for all
Compaq X1000
Pentium M Dothan 1.6 GHz
Windows XP Home
1GB PC2700 RAM
80 GB 5400 RPM HD
Dual Layer DVD Burner
Intel Pro Wireless 2200 & Bluetooth
15.4" WUXGA
64MB Radeon 9200